Hello! I want to thank you again for the helpful how to on chracter tabs, but now a need a leetle help on something else. I really loved the achievements idea and have seen it on all of my favorite wikis. I looked it up on Fandom Help and it says you need to contact Fandom people? i don't really understand so i was wondering if you can help me out? (I know I took up a lot of time with the tabs thing, so you don't have to respond!!!)
Hi! So, I noticed that you or somebody else added these character tab thingies, and I have been seeing them every once in a while in other wikis. Can you tell me how you do those? I was thinking of using them for the Fitz Vacker wiki or something. Thanks!
Haha! This was a very complicated thing (at first) for me to figure out since I'm absolutely clueless as to how to program anything, BUT...the gist of what you need to know is that:
1. I took the program from these two pages (1 ) (2 ).
2. You can find my formatted version of them from this wiki here and here .
3. You need to make a new page on your wiki of choice called "Template:Tabs" in order for these following steps to work. It won't show up as an actual page on the page-counter-thingamajig, but it WILL exist on your wiki once you create it (and it's searchable in the menu bar, too). FYI, don't try to name it anything else like I did at first, since, for some reason, it just wouldn't work.
4. The wikia will ask you what kind of template this is. Choose whatever you feel comfortable with choosing (I personally chose "Navigation").
5. Go back to either this page or this page in another web browser page, click on edit, and then copy and paste the following mumbo jumbo you see on the page you just created. Publish that page.
6. Next, go to the "Template:Tabs/doc" page that appears after you've done the previous step. It should be highlighted in red since there's no existing content on it yet.
7. Then, in another web browser page, return to either this or this page, click on edit, and copy and paste THAT mumbo jumbo onto your corresponding "Template:Tabs/doc" page. Stay with me, we're almost there!
8. Now, on a page of your choice within the wiki/wikia you're working on, click on Classic Editor (the first item on the drop-down arrow beside the basic "Edit" button), go to Source Mode, and paste something like this at the very top of that page (note that this is the same thing shown under "Sample Output" on your "Template:Tabs/doc" page):
9. You can now publish this page and click on each corresponding tab (the first one you should automatically be on, though) to create a new page under that name. For example, the "Relationships" and "Image Gallery" pages should ask you if you'd like to create them when you first click on their links. These pages WILL show up on your page-counter.
10. Depending on whether or not you used my formatted version of the template stuff or the ones from the other website, you'll notice that the outline color and the base color are different. As of right now, I don't know how to change the text color, but I'll try my best to explain to you how to change the other colors in my next post since this one's getting a bit lengthy.
Now, let's get back to the colors! These pictures come from my formatted version of the tabs.
The first picture here is of the main tab. The second one shows what the text looks like for tab 2. Keep in mind that from tab 2 onwards, the text looks practically the same.
What I've underlined in blue is the border color. In order to change this, you'll need to know the "X11" code for the color you want to change it to. Click here to view some of the most commonly used colors. Also, you must change both of the underlined areas to that code after the "#" in order for it to work. Don't ask me why, though, 'cause I have absolutely no idea.
What's underlined in yellow is the solid background color. Change this to whatever "X11" code you'd like to.
Also, what I've circled in red is what I believe the text color is, though I'm not entirely sure of this.
For each tab you use (like tab 1, tab 2, tab 3...), make sure to change these corresponding areas.
If you need any help, feel free to contact me again! If, for some reason, something isn't working right, you can send me the link to it and I can try to see if I can solve it myself (and then attempt to explain to you what I did). Like I said before, I'm certainly no expert in this, and I hope to the Greek gods that I've somehow managed to explain at least a little bit of this process to you in such a way that you can understand it.
Oh yes, important P.S.:
For each tab page, you have to type in:
...in order for the template to show up on that page. Don't worry, the wiki should automatically recognize which tab to highlight as the one you're on all on its own.
Oooohhh wow. That is a lot of information... thank you sio much though! It looks like I may have wasted a bunch of you time if you had to type ALLLLL that... but I am SUPER GREATFUL!!! Anyway, thanks again and have a good day! This has been very helpful!
Don't worry about it! I'm always here to help! Besides, I wanted to be as thorough as possible in outlining what to do for each step since it took me hours to figure this out on my own. If, in any way, my explanation was able to demystify the process just a little bit, then the time I spent typing that up was very much worth it.
Hello! I just made three new pages on the different colored hearts and what they mean. Could you either put them in the top navigation or make them links from the home page or something? Thank you! I would do it, but I don't have access to top navigation.
Hey! Sorry it's taken me such a long time to get back to you, but I wanted to say thank you so much for doing this! Any contribution helps, and I'm glad we have a new, spruced-up look for our main page (I still need to personally work on it a bit more, though).
I am the founder of Siren's Lament Wikia and I have taken MUCH notice to your contribution to the site. I admire how much you want it to become polished for a place where people can find lots of information. As such, I have set you asBUREAUCRAT / ADMInfor Siren's Lament Wikia.
Please do your best and help the site become a greater place, and by all means PLEASE spread the word. We need as much help as possible if we want the site to become a success. ^_^
Thank you so much!!! I'm excited to become more involved in the Siren's Lament Wikia and I'm glad you've noticed my efforts to do so. Recently, I've been less active than usual, but seeing this message gave me the support I needed to keep going forward with contributing. The webcomic means so much to me, as I'm sure it's affected you, so I want to make this little site the go-to place when someone wants to know more about it.
Once again, I thank you for your kind words as they've encouraged me to continue with contributing to this wikia. I hope to enlighten others about Siren's Lament through my efforts to make its wikia a fun place to visit!
Of course! I absolutely love the webcomic, it's plot line is fantastic. I'm happy to give you as much support as you need, I'm very pleased that my message gave you some encouragement into contributing more. ^^
I myself am not very active do to the fact that I am currently in school and I take my studies very seriously. I have been trying to come online more often to see how the progress on the site is coming along, so far I'm pretty happy. That said, the bureaucrat and admin status will allow you to make even more changes to the site and you have permission to grant other people your same status IF they can contribute as much as you currently have.
Once again, thank you for helping this site out. I look forward to your future changes. :)